David Stanley Chevrolet of Norman cares – cares about your family, your pets, your cars and the environment you drive in.
That is why David Stanley Chevrolet of Norman built this dealership with many “green” features that help conserve resources and cut down on waste.
Consistently reducing the amount of energy, water and paper our business uses can make a huge difference to the environment.
These are some of the green features at David Stanley Chevrolet of Norman:
- ENERGY EFFICIENT AIR CONDITIONING SYSTEMS The most efficient system available.
- BUILT WITH RECYCLED MATERIALS Recycled concrete, steel and glass were used to build our building.
- WIND TURBINE Reduces the amount of electricity needed.
- WATER CISTERN Captures rainwater and air conditioning condensation for use in watering the onsite landscaping.
- 40% LESS OUTDOOR LIGHTING Less lighting means less electricity used.
- MONKEY GRASS No mowing means no emissions from lawnmowers.
- WATER WELL FOR LANDSCAPE IRRIGATION We use our own well to supplement the water cistern for landscape irrigation.
- WATERLESS URINALS Helps save 240,000 gallons of water annually.
- LIGHT HARVESTING SYSTEM Reduces lighting needed as sunlight comes and goes.
- SOLAR BAN 60 INSULATED GLASS Cuts down on heat from sunlight by over 60%.
- TREE/SHRUB PLANTING We planted 380 new trees and 420 new shrubs along with ground cover and bedding plants.
- “BIG A” FANS Reduces the amount of air conditioning needed because of increased air flow and circulation.